Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Laundry Math


0 trips to Lowe's for a washer moving kit + 2 years of loud washing = 1 broken washer

1 broken washer + 1 phone call to Sears = $370.00
$370.00 = 4 parts ordered

4 parts ordered + 1.5 weeks = 3 parts + 1 damaged part

1 damaged part = 1 more week


HOWEVER -

4 children + 2 parents + 2 grandparents = 8 loads of wash

2 bedwetters + 4 karate students + (6 workouts x 2.5 weeks) + ? clean clothes that never get put away but are thrown back into the laundry x 2.5 weeks = 3+ trips to the laundromat

$1.50 x 26 loads = 156 quarters

4 hours of hanging out at the laundromat = 1 incident of getting picked up on by a truck driver + 3 x reading "Catching Fire" and listening to iPod so as not to get picked up on by truck driver and friends

3 days of trying to get by until the washer is fixed = ? days of going commando


10 comments:

Annette said...

This post reminded me of "If you give a mouse a cookie"Ugh. Now I know to buy a moving kit for the washer if I ever move.

That is quite the math problem Lyd! Yikes. I guess you've had lots of time at the mat to work it out.

And I just met someone who said she prefers going commando. She's a germ-a-phobic and says she feels better about things that way.

Happy Thanksgiving Lydia. Love you!

Joyful Noise said...

You are a brilliant mathematician! And also very hilarious!!! Love you ton!!!!

Lydia said...

Annette - I LOOOVVVVE commando! I wish I could do it everyday!

Eric Ellis said...

Hey babe, I didn't hear about the truckers...sounds like a great afternoon. Thanks for cleaning all of our clothes and not telling anyone that I was one of those bed wetters...

Tiffiny said...

I did the math. And I would happily pay $39.00 for all of my laundry to be done right now. (But could do without the truck driver incident.)

I wonder if Annette's new germ-a-phobic pal has ever considered the fact that going commando just displaces the germs to somewhere else..... EEWWWWW.

Stefani said...

I had dryer problems a month or so ago! Akkk, nightmare! But I did thoroughly enjoy having all my laundry done (washed, dryed, folded and put away) within a 2 hour period. I didn't have to deal with truck drivers (just a very talkative laundry mat owner) AND I was never forced into commando mode.

Tiffiny said...

Stef... If you visited the laundry mat in SJB then I think I know who the talkative owner was.... :)

Andrea said...

You crack me up!

Annette said...

I thought the same thing Tiff =)

Annette said...

...about both your comments, haha.