here's the recipe:
Whole Wheat Bread
4 C warm water (85-100 degrees)
1 T salt
1/3 C oil
1 C honey
1 ½ T dough enhancer
|
2 T yeast (active dry)
½ C wheat gluten
7 C whole wheat kernels (approx. 9 C ground)
* I prefer white
wheat. I usually mix red
& white
together
|
Place water, salt, oil, honey, dough enhancer, wheat gluten
and yeast in electric mixing bowl with dough hook (I use a Bosch mixer). Mix until blended. Add 9 C of freshly ground flour. Mix. Add just enough extra flour so that the
dough does not stick to the edges. Allow
mixer to knead the dough for 12 minutes on low speed. Remove kneaded dough from mixer and place on
buttered surface. Separate into 4 equal
parts. Shape dough and place in greased
bread pans and cover with lint free cloth.
Let rise for at least 1 hour until doubled. Bake for 35-36 minutes @ 325. Remove immediately from bread pans and cool
on cooling rack. Enjoy!
Dough enhancer- keeps bread from crumbling
Gluten flour- gives bread a chewy texture
*If using a Kitchen Aid you may need to ½ the recipe.
i have also adjusted the recipe to make 6 loaves (i have lots of big kids) and it still works pretty well. -L
4 comments:
Just for the record...YOU ARE RAD!
where do you get dough enhancer? I haven't ever heard of it.
I want to try this :) How are you my friend? Missing you tons, but I picture you decorating homes and improving yourself and your mind and being supermom and wife all in one! Love you! Ditto to Jamie's comment!
I am thinking about trying this. Maybe I could get Bruce to buy me a kitchen aide mixer :) Can you freeze it? And where do you get dough enhancer?
Post a Comment