Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

When I was looking at this picture of my kid's sitting by the reflecting pool in D.C., it reminded me of another picture of them, taken by my good friend Stefani, photographer extraordinaire.



Our husband's had gone out scuba diving together, so we brought the kids to play at the beach, and maybe get a few good photos for Christmas cards/presents.  



I love this one because of Calvin turning around to look at the camera.  I think it really captures his personality. Jack is crying, which you really can't see unless you look - he's being dragged along by the hand.  Also fitting.  And my girls, being cooperative, as usual. 

 This was one of our last outings before we moved away from Hollister.

Thanks, Stef, this is one of my favorites!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Look how little they were. I remember that picture too! It does capture your children so well. Stef still is that photographer extraordinaire...she has a natural God given talent for composition. Such fun times. Oh my goodness. We just had another earthquake. That makes 3 in 3 weeks. Yikes!

Stefani said...

Annette that's what you get for being up at 1 am. I didn't even feel it, but I did feel the one at 10pm. :) Lydia this is one of my favorite pictures too! I'm glad you posted it. Your kiddies are so cute! And I miss having them around.

Andrea said...

I love that picture, I remember when you guys went and took that, and how much I loved it when I saw it!

Tiffiny said...

OK, so I could totally tell that Jack was crying before I looked at the picture. (It shows in the shoulders.) And I bet Erin was smiling for the camera even though she wasn't facing it. She's cute like that.
I got your message today. It's been crazy. I'll call you tomorrow.

Tiffiny said...

OOPS... again. No, i'm not psychic. I could NOT tell that Jack was crying before looking at the PICTURE. I could tell he was crying JUST by looking at the picture... before reading it. DUH!!! I can be a bit dim at the end of the day. Consider that one of my "disms" (that's my word verification.)

Lydia said...

Those are both cute pictures